We’re looking for a Strategic Account Director!
We are looking for a Strategic Account Director to manage our key accounts. Please read the below job description to find out more.
Reporting to the Strategic Business Development Director, the role sits in the existing sales and marketing function within the business and will be located in the South East of England with a competitive salary. The successful applicant will be required to manage a small number of our key accounts.
Diligently researching and understanding our clients, you will meticulously manage relationships, identify opportunities across our clients’ organisation to support our growth plans whilst learning and understanding more about our customer strategies, business opportunities and developing greater relationship alignment.
Key result areas
- Ensure that REAMS’ profile within key client organisations is maintained to a high visible standard via supplier engagement forums and a broad application of our targeted marketing mix
- Engaging existing key clients to establish and develop sales opportunities in respect of asset management surveys, building condition surveys, professional services and asset management software
- Identifying new individual contacts and establishing relationships with those decision makers within the respective organisations by way of research, direct engagement, attendance and participation at client supply chain specific forums and events
- Support the Strategic Development Director with sales opportunities and bids by compiling robust and consistent tender information and case studies to ensure that REAMS maintain their position as partner of choice
- Developing commercial and operational solutions to meet clients’ requirements, formulising bespoke written and oral presentations of REAMS’ capability, continually engaging and informing the client around REAMS’ capability and development
- Developing and maintaining a database of contacts throughout the organisations to establish the most appropriate approach to developing sales opportunities
Bid & MARCOM Support:
- Developing and managing up to date bid libraries with the relevant documentation such as policies, processes and templates that will support sales opportunities
- Adding value to the sales process by utilising your creative and innovative approach, coupled with an eye for detail to deliver high standards of written documentation
- Managing and leading specific sales campaigns into alternative markets
- Provide project management support and information resources ensuring that bids are completed in an efficient, consistent and professional manner
- Leading and supporting the compilation of pricing documents (commercial and written)
- Working with operational and technical colleagues to build and develop client solutions
We are seeking a self-starter who is an excellent communicator, capable of interacting confidently with colleagues, clients, suppliers and professional personnel at all levels. The individual must be innovative, flexible, adaptable and always aiming to learn new skills whilst being able to operate with minimal supervision.
You will be a strategic thinker and be able to demonstrate relevant experience of developing clients and opportunities over a period time.
- Self-motivated, self-managing; and a strong influencer of clients, potential clients and decision makers
- Resilient with exceptional organisation skills and an acute eye for detail in everything that they do
- An outgoing and confident individual who is eager to demonstrate their suitability to develop into a future direct sales role
- Passionate, driven, determined, professional and career minded with excellent organisational and customer care skills and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- A team player that flourishes within a group environment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within an account management or business development role within the built environment or building engineering markets
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in the field of technical asset management, its theories and principals, underlying industry challenges, practices, technologies and market fundamentals
- Experienced and knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications as well as being IT literate to be able to operate and administer on-line resources such as Salesforce CRM, SharePoint and other web-based applications
- You must have a strong command of written and oral English and have experience of compiling written proposals that are articulate and well structured
- Some UK & international travel can be expected
- A full and clean driving license
- Previous involvement in bid management and/or account management within the built environment market
- Experience in a project management/technical FM or software sales environment
- Formal technical qualification and membership or a relevant industry body
- Security clearance maybe required to financial or counter terrorism standards
If you’re looking for a new challenge and are suitable for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]